quarta-feira, 3 de novembro de 2010

Trying to climb and stay up on the steep section of the hull can be a tricky business. Good solutions are straight forward. This one works very well. Several plywood boards are kind of stitched together with plastic straps and the whole set is suspended on the bow edge.
Today I wasted way too much time trying to lock in position the bow web. At first tried to use wedges but they couldn't hold position. Then I decided to drill fore holes and sandwich the web in between. By using a set of 4 nuts on each screw it was very easy and reliable to level the web. It worked just perfect.
On the underside I used a 5mm drill bit as a spacer to garanty center alignment since I lined up the bottom face of the template with the centerline of the hull.
The corrugated tube is .... well... a head bump saver!




1 comentário:

  1. Hi Luis,
    I was wondering how I was going to do that, thanks for the post. Hopefully I will get to join mine together this weekend.

    Andrew
    www.andrew-mcleod.com

    ResponderEliminar