sexta-feira, 1 de maio de 2009

Foam workbench


Today I spent the morning cleaning and moving stuff around to make space for the project.
In the afternoon I used some steel profiles I had around to make a workbench for the foam to store and cut the foam sheets.
I'm still considering making a cheap aluminum linear guide where I can mount a rasor to make cuts easier and more precise.





Here you can see the the foam box already in its place. As you can see it's a pretty large box hard to stock away. This way I can put a laminated sheet on the top where I can cut foam on one side and eventually do some other operation on the other side like vacuum bagging.

I'm amazed how well this structure came out. I'm not an expert welder and I usually end up with a leg setting way out of level but this time it came out perfect!

My daughter "helped" me put the box inside the structure. Kids are always so strong , aren't they?


One down ! More to go !

1 comentário:

  1. Quer dizer, metes os carros na rua e transformas a garagem e as arrumações numa verdadeira unidade fabril.
    Já te registaste nas finanças?
    Pôe-te a pau... O Sócrates precisa de dinheiro para as auto estradas e para o tgv e tu, para fazeres isso, tens que pagar! Não é andar a ganhar dinheiro a fabricar barcos sem dar uma ajudazinha ao sector financeiro, outra ao financiamento dos partidos, outra a criar mais um instituto para colocar mais meia dúzia de boys...
    Eu sei que tu não brincas em serviço e já pagaste para isso tudo! Só que não chega. Tens que pagar mais. Não vez que o défice está outra vez nos 6%? A seguir às eleições vamos ter que o fazer descer outra vez!
    Até lá diverte-te a construir essa maravilha!
    Um abraço
    PG

    ResponderEliminar