quarta-feira, 29 de abril de 2009

Tooling time

I´ve got the strongback almost finished. I managed to borrow a laser from a local contractor for a couple of hours to make sure I get a pretty leveled base then I used some masonry fast cement to level the feet and after I'm going to glue it to the concrete with epoxy.
As you can see I have plenty of space to build the boat without getting too much in the way of the family's daily routine. But that came at some cost. With the money I spent on the new roof I could build two sets of floats. Then again it's an investment in the house and it could make the project a lot easier.

Today I received the glass, epoxy, foam and fillers.
I already did some tests with the Airex and I'm pretty satisfied with it's flexibility.

Now it's time to think about some custom tools to speed up the job. I'm planning to build a simple foam cutting jig with the possibility to cut at a predefined anlgle to create a v groove for gluing. If it works out well I'll let you know.
I'll also need to build a cart for the glass rolls and some sort of worksation on wheels to carry around the most frequently used tools and acessories.
Now it's the moment to invest some time in preparing the work. Hopefully things will run smoother. Three days spent now tooling up may save 1 to two hours a day for many months to come.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário